RLES principal movedPublished 12:04am Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Some 20 personnel changes, including the reassignment of a Red Level Elementary School principal, were approved Tuesday by the Covington County Board of Education.
Board members, with the exception of John Clark, voted to accept the resignation of Rodney Drish as the principal and reassign him as the alternative school teacher/supervisor effective July 1.
When asked about the personnel move, Superintendent Terry Holley said it was done at Drish’s request.
Drish, who has achieved continuing status or “tenure,” has served as RLES principal since the closure of Florala City Middle School in 2010.
Other changes at RLES included the retirement resignation of Rebecca Powell as elementary teacher and the employment of Stephanie Spencer as elementary teacher, and Endsley Bolen was transfered as special Ed teacher at Red Level Elementary to special Ed teacher at Straughn Elementary.
In other personnel matters, the board voted:
• to accept the resignation of Kelli Bowlan as special education secretary and Jason Todd as bus shop mechanic;
• to employ Patricia Laird as bus driver for the Florala area.
At Fleeta Jr. High:
• to accept the resignation of Tammy Killingsworth as special education teacher and Wendy Ann Donaldson as reading coach.
• to employ Cindy Pettie as math teacher and Bethany Lott as special ed teacher.
At Pleasant Home:
• to transfer Jacqueline Dubose as sixth grade teacher to fifth grade teacher.
• to employ Astrid Evers as library media specialist; Lucretia Hawkins as elementary teacher; and Emily Norris as special ed teacher.
At Straughn High:
• to accept the resignation of Whitney Geohagan as JAG instructor.
At W.S. Harlan:
• to transfer Kathii Lovelady as first grade teacher to kindergarten teacher and Cara Adams as third grade teacher to second grade teacher.
The board also granted continuing status to Trinity Dyess at PHS and recognized those who retired this school including: Debbie Green, Samuel Stinson, Terry Spader, Jennifer Peters, Catherin Godwin, Greg Gibson, Marcella Freeney, Debbie Everage, Kathy Ammons, Curtis Feagin, Midian Curry, Jill Thomasson, Patricia Graham and Rebecca Powell.
The next county BOE meeting will be held on July 10 at 5: 30 p.m.