United Fund goal: $120KPublished 7:23pm Friday, October 12, 2012
The Covington County United Fund has kicked off its 2013 fundraising drive this week with a stated goal of $120,000 for 22 local agencies.
Representatives of the agencies and managers of businesses that raise the most for the organization recently were invited to a breakfast at the Adult Activity Center catered by Billy Joe Stallworth.
UF board chairman Wem Mellown said board members urge local residents to pledge the equivalent of one hour’s pay per month to the organization. Monies raised this year will support:
• The Covington County Chapter of the American Red Cross
• Boy Scouts
• Andalusia Ministerial Association
• Lucille Pierce Family Literacy Center
• Covington County Imagination Library
• Covington County Adult Training Center
• Covington County 4-H Clubs
• Opp Meals on Wheels
• Andalusia, Covington County, and Opp youth sports
• SAFE of Covington County
• Andalusia Community Christmas
• Andalusia, Florala and Opp public libraries
• Opportunity House
• Crossover Ministries
• Governor’s Committee on Persons with Disabilities
• Sav-A-Life Pregnancy Resource Center
• Opp Benevolence Fund
• Beyond Measure Ministries
Board members include Bridges Anderson, Terry Barnes, Alan Bracewell, Wayne Bush, Debbie Butts, Dawn Carnley, Merrill Davis, Terry Holley, Judy Kelley, Wem Mellown, Michael Smithart, Mitch Thorn, Alan Thrash, Ted Watson and Tari McClung.
Checks should be made payable to Covington County United Fund, and can be mailed to P.O. Box 1791, Andalusia, AL 36420.