Opp family loses home to fire

Published 6:05pm Wednesday, January 9, 2013

An Opp family lost their home to fire on Monday.

The Opp Fire Department was dispatched to 213 Micolas Street shortly after 11 a.m.

A woman and her children were at home at the time of the fire, but escaped without injuries.

Fire officials said when they arrived at the home they could see heavy smoke and some flames. The fire was extinguished, but the house sustained heavy fire damage.

The cause of the fire was an electrical short within the clothes dryer, officials said.

-Staff reports

 

 

Editor's Picks