Annual Resolution race raises more than $4KPublished 12:00am Tuesday, January 15, 2013
The second annual 5K Resolution Run/Walk raised more than $4,000 for Relay for Life, race organizers said Monday.
PowerSouth sponsored the 5K, which took place on Saturday in Andalusia.
“We could not have asked for better weather,” PowerSouth corporate communication manager Mark Ingram said. “More than 60 participants took part in the morning race that was marked with comfortable temperatures.”
Niki Short was the overall female winner of the race. Short finished the 5K in 25 minutes, 46 seconds. The overall male winner was Jayden Ellison, who finished the race in 20:33. At the start of the race, Ellison, a member of the AHS basketball team, said he’d never run a 5K before.
The 5K’s full list of male and female winners in each age division is as follows:
• 8-to-12-year-old male winner: Gage Messick, 27:57;
• 13-to-19-year-old male winner: Jayden Ellison, 20:33;
• 20-to-29-year-old female and male winners: Kayla Teel, 29:53; Taylor Williams, 27:28;
• 30-to-39-year-old female and male winners: Niki Short, 25:46; Berry Swords, 21:20;
• 40-to-49-year-old female and male winners: Jeanne Morgan, 29:06; Jay Wrenn, 21:39;
• 50-to-59-year-old female and male winners: Debra Gamble, 40 minutes; Timothy Mersmann, 23:16;
• 60-and-up female and male winners: Betty Brown, 50:31; Seth Hammett, 35:30.