20 enter guilty pleas in February

Published 12:02am Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nearly 20 people entered guilty pleas during February, the county district attorney’s office said Tuesday.

Of the 22 crimes, 55 percent were drug related, with the remaining 45 percent were crimes involving property or persons. The bulk of the cases, 77 percent, resulted in prison time, with 9 percent receiving probation and 14 percent entering drug court.

Those entering pleas included:

• Johnny Kim Blackmon, who pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property I and was sentenced to 46 months probation. Attorney: Mark Christensen

• Bradford Foster Boothe, who pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance and was sentenced to six years imprisonment. Attorney: Larry Grissett

• Donald E. Brooks, pleaded guilty to theft of property II and burglary III and sentenced to eight years imprisonment for each conviction. Attorney: John Peek

• Ronald Edward Brooks Jr., who pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property I and burglary III and was sentenced to 115 months imprisonment and 15 years imprisonment, respectively. Attorney: Rod Sylvester

• Jasmunn Lee Cobb, who pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of marijuana I and theft of property I. She was sentenced to 46 months imprisonment for each conviction. Attorney: Corey Bryan

• Jacob L. Forbes, who pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance. He entered into Drug Court. Attorney: David Baker

• Wesley F. Gray, who pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Attorney: Chris Sledge

• Joshua P. Hall, who pleaded guilty to escape III and was sentenced to three years in prison. Attorney: David Harrison

• Stacey J. Hayes, who pleaded guilty to theft of property I and was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment. Attorney: Meredith Peters

• Tyler Wayne Hines, who pleaded guilty to unlawful entry into a motor vehicle and entered into drug court. Attorney: Trey Burgess

• Travis D. McLean, who pleaded guilty to distribution of a controlled substance and was sentenced to 12 years imprisonment. Attorney: Rod Sylvester

• Carolyn F. Martin, who pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance and entered drug court. Attorney: Sonny James

• Keir E. Milton, who pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance and was sentenced to 32 months probation. Attorney: John Peek

• Rico R. Phillips, who pleaded guilty to manufacturing of a controlled substance II and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Attorney: David Harrison

• Corinthian Sims, who pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana I and was sentenced to six years in prison. Attorney: Meredith Peters

• Kari Ann Stokes, who pleaded guilty to two counts of possession of a controlled substance and was sentenced to six years imprisonment for each conviction. Attorney: Benton Persons

• John E. Tillery, who pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana II and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. Attorney: Trey Burgess

• Hal M. Tucker II, who pleaded guilty to burglary III and was sentenced to 69 months probation. Attorney: Sonny James

Editor's Picks