AAC gearing up for August trip to BiltmorePublished 1:26am Thursday, April 18, 2013
Locals looking to take a break for a few days may be interested in heading to North Carolina with the Andalusia Adult Activity Center this summer.
The Aug. 19 – Aug. 22 trip will feature a full-day visit to the famous Biltmore Estate.
“It’s going to be a very exciting trip,” said AAC Director Sonja Godwin.
AAC employee Debbie Carter, who has been to the Biltmore previously, echoed Godwin.
“The excitement is that it’s a huge home,” she said. “It was a summer home, and back in those days, this would be like a castle. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. There’s a winery.”
Godwin said there are 14 signed up for the trip, but they need 30 to sign up.
Trip cost is $399 per person for a double occupancy room for four days and three nights.
The trip includes:
• motor coach transportation;
• three nights lodging;
• six meals (three breakfast and three dinner);
• a guided tour of Asheville, N.C.;
• a full-day visit to the Biltmore Estate;
• guided drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway;
• visits to the famous folk art center and St. Lawrence Basilica;
A $75 deposit is due by Wed., April 20, and the final payment is due June 13.
To register or for more information, call 222-6891.