Earth Day activities for families to enjoyPublished 12:03am Saturday, April 20, 2013
Earth Day may be a few days away, but local families may want to celebrate the weekend working toward “being green.”
The day is designated to help foster appreciation of the Earth’s environment and awareness of the issues that threaten it, and is held every April 22.
Here are a few ideas, you may want to try:
• Make a pine cone and peanut butter bird feeder;
• Start a home recycling bin;
• Grow wheat grass indoors;
• Make a family garden;
• Design candle votives using baby food jars;
• Go on an outdoor scavenger hunt;
• Enjoy a nature hike or walk;
• Bake and decorate Earth-friendly treats; or
• Visit the zoo.
Be sure to share your photos of your activities with The Star-News. You can upload them to Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org.