Andy, SHS volleyball to compete at playdatePublished 12:00am Friday, July 5, 2013
The gyms at Brewton Middle School will be filled to capacity with volleyball excitement on Thurs., Aug. 1, when T.R. Miller hosts a summer volleyball playdate.
Five varsity teams, four junior varsity teams and two middle school teams will play on three different courts during the course of the day.
T.R. Miller, Monroe County, Jay, Straughn and Andalusia will be the five varsity teams in action, while Straughn, Andalusia, T.R. Miller and Monroe County’s JV teams will play in junior varsity action. In middle school action, Brewton and Andalusia’s middle schools will meet.
Action will begin at 9 a.m. and will conclude with the final games set for 2 p.m. The main court at BMS will see action and will be court one for the day, while court two will be in the PE gym. BMS’ second PE gym will be court three.
All games will be best two-of-three format.
In the varsity matches, T.R. Miller is scheduled to play four games along with Jay and Straughn. MCHS and AHS will play five.
In JV games, SHS and TRM will play two matches, while AHS and MCHS will play one each.
In middle school action, Brewton and Andalusia will play two matches against each other at 2 p.m. on court one and at 11 a.m. on court three. The PE gyms at BMS have no seating so those planning to attend games on those courts are asked to bring chairs to sit in.
The complete schedule for the day on court one (main gym):
• 9 a.m., T.R. Miller varsity vs. Monroe County
• 10 a.m., Jay varsity vs. Straughn
• 11 a.m., Andalusia varsity vs. Monroe County
• noon, T.R. Miller varsity vs. Andalusia
• 1 p.m., Straughn varsity vs. Andalusia
• 2 p.m., Brewton MS vs. Andalusia
The complete schedule for the day on court two (PE gym):
• 9 a.m., Jay varsity vs. Andalusia
• 10 a.m., Monroe County varsity vs. Andalusia
• 11 a.m., T.R. Miller varsity vs. Straughn
• noon, Straughn varsity vs. Monroe County
• 1 p.m., T.R. Miller varsity vs. Jay
• 2 p.m., Jay varsity vs. Monroe County
The complete schedule for the day on court three (PE gym):
• 9 a.m., Straughn JV vs. Andalusia
• 10 a.m., T.R. Miller JV vs. Straughn
• 11 a.m., Brewton MS vs. Andalusia
• noon, NO GAMES
• 1 p.m., T.R. Miller JV vs. Monroe County
• 2 p.m., NO GAMES