Timeline of city investigationPublished 11:19pm Tuesday, July 9, 2013
• June 11 – Mayor Earl Johnson and Chief Wilbur Williams heard allegations of misconduct from a former employee of the utilities department. At the conclusion, Johnson said, he instructed the chief to “begin an investigation into the matter and follow it wherever it goes.”
• June 13 – Johnson left on a 10-day industrial recruiting trip, instructing the chief to move forward with the investigation.
• June 21 or 21 – Williams called and updated Johnson on the investigation. “I advised Chief Williams to carry on with whatever action was necessary and proper,” he said.
• June 25 – The APD executed a search warrant, authorized by Judge Trippy McGuire, at the Red Level home of one of the employees being investigated.
• June 25 – Johnson returned to Andalusia and met with Williams and the APD from 6:30 until 10:30 that night concerning the misconduct of the department head, assistant department head and a supervisor.
• Subsequently, the department head and assistant department head have been terminated and the supervisor has been suspended without pay. No criminal charges have been filed. Johnson named Micah Blair acting head of the water and sewer departments.
• July 9 – The APD’s investigation was turned over to the District Attorney’s office.