BOE approves personnel changesPublished 11:12pm Monday, August 19, 2013
The Andalusia Board of Education addressed several personnel matters Monday night, after hearing reports of a good first day at school.
The board accepted the retirement resignations of:
• Nate Shakespeare, building service worker at AES.
• Kathy Gantt, AES paraprofessional
• Bob Harry, Andalusia City Schools federal programs
• Debbie Page, bus driver
Leaves of absence were granted to:
• Donna Kelly, AHS special education paraprofessional
• Kayla Gorum, AES kindergarten teacher
The board hired:
• Calvin Carpenter, AHS, as in school suspension paraprofessional
• Sonia Lee, bus driver