APD: Arrest solves scores of Andalusia burglaries

Published 10:07am Tuesday, September 10, 2013

An Andalusia resident was arrested Monday night for a score of area burglaries, and police are still trying to unravel the extent of his alleged crimes.

Lt. Paul Dean said Terry Lee German, a 40-year-old resident of Camellia Avenue, is being held on one count of theft of property I and one count of burglary III, but that is only the beginning of the case. Dean said the number of victims in the case currently sits in the double digits, and some have yet to be identified.

Dean said German was arrested after a citizen noticed what appeared to be his stolen 4-wheeler in the Camellia Avenue home’s yard.

“What I noticed when I got there was a large – and I mean large – amount of items that didn’t add up and were out of place and shouldn’t be at one person’s home,” Dean said. “That’s when the investigation began, and we so far, have recovered that large amount of stolen property.”

Dean said items ranged from the citizen’s 4-wheeler to lawn equipment and power tools.

“This is what we can say officially at this point – we’ve identified and contacted the owners of about 90 percent of the items we recovered,” he said. “We’re working to identify the remaining 10 percent and plan to begin pulling reports to match them up with owners.”

Dean said German, who is being held in the Covington County Jail, will face a multitude of felony charges. The Star-News will update this story as more information becomes available.

He said more information on the case and German’s arrest will be released later, possibly at a press conference.

 

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to comment on this article.

Editor's Picks