United Fund needs our supportPublished 11:59pm Tuesday, October 1, 2013
A few dedicated volunteers are working to help the Covington County United Fund raise $120,000 for 22 area agencies to operate in 2014.
Local residents are urged to pledge the equivalent of one hour’s pay per month to the organization. This is a great way to support many local causes with one easy donation. Monies raised this year will support:
• Covington County Chapter of the American Red Cross;
• Boy Scouts;
• Andalusia Ministerial Association;
• Lucille Pierce Family Literacy Center;
• Covington County Imagination Library;
• Covington County Adult Training Facility;
• Covington County 4-H clubs;
• Andalusia Community Christmas;
• area youth sports recreation boards in Andalusia, Opp and Covington County;
• SAFE of Covington County, the sex and family education division of Sav-A-Life;
• public libraries in Andalusia, Opp and Florala;
• Crossover Ministries;
• Governor’s Committee on Employment of Persons with Disabilities;
• Sav-A-Life Pregnancy Resource Center;
• Opp Benevolence Fund; and,
• Opp Meals on Wheels.
Donations may be made to Covington County United Fund Inc., P.O. Box 1791, Andalusia, AL 36420.
For more information, call 334-222-2907 or email CovingtonCountyUnitedFund@gmail.com.