UNITED WE FUNDPublished 12:00am Thursday, September 4, 2014
The Covington County United Fund board has officially ended fundraising efforts for its 2014 drive, and is preparing to begin working on 2015.
Current president Tari McClung said a recent $10,000 donation from Gitty Up-N-Go put the group’s total at $112,670 raised for 2014. The total includes pledges and receipts through Aug. 31.
“We finished just short of our $120,000 goal,” McClung said. “We had a contingency amount set aside for emergency requests. Since we did not use all of that this year, we will not have to reduce our fourth quarter payments.”
This year, United Fund provided financial support for:
• Covington County Chapter of the American Red Cross;
• Boy Scouts;
• Andalusia Ministerial Association;
• Lucille Pierce Family Literacy Center;
• Covington County Imagination Library;
• Covington County Adult Training Facility;
• Covington County 4-H clubs;
• Andalusia Community Christmas;
• area youth sports recreation boards in Andalusia, Opp and Covington County;
• SAFE of Covington County, the sex and family education division of Sav-A-Life;
• public libraries in Andalusia, Opp and Florala;
• Crossover Ministries;
• Governor’s Committee on Employment of Persons with Disabilities;
• Sav-A-Life Pregnancy Resource Center;
• Opp Benevolence Fund; and,
• Opp Meals on Wheels.
The 2015 campaign will begin on Oct. 1 with the annual kickoff breakfast.