8 retiring from county schoolsPublished 6:34pm Wednesday, May 1, 2013
As May begins, so do the personnel changes in education. On Tuesday, the county school board approved 18 changes, including:
• hiring Justin Brooks as technology technician at the central office.
The following emergency-hire resignations, effective at the end of the school year unless otherwise stated:
• Polly Ann Dubose as secretary at the central office effective April 30;
• James Dye as maintenance worker at the central office effective July 1;
• Jennifer Warthen and Joseph Watson as bus drivers as bus driver at Pleasant Home;
• Emilee Lloyd as math teacher at PHS;
• James Sims as English teacher at Florala High School;
• James Snider as elementary teacher at Red Level Elementary School;
• Samuel Boyd as math teacher at Straughn Middle; and,
• Ada Colvin as lunchroom worker at SMS.
To accept the following retirement resignations, effective at the end of the school year unless otherwise stated:
• Roger McClain as Fleeta Jr. High principal, effective Sept. 1;
• Amber McKathan as math teacher at PHS, effective immediately;
• Helen Brooks as teacher at PHS;
• Jerome Parker as counselor at RLHS;
• Barbara Turner ad secretary/bookkeeper at SES effective July 1;
• Ida Sue Cumbie as reading coach at SES;
• Sylvia Taylor as teacher at W.S. Harlan; and,
• Kathryn Purnell as history teacher at RLHS.