UF sets $120K goal for ‘14Published 1:38am Saturday, September 21, 2013
This year, the Covington County United Fund drive is looking to raise $120,000 to help area organizations.
Tari McClung, UF board president, said this year’s kickoff will be a breakfast on Oct. 1 at the Andalusia Adult Activity Center. Donation packets will be distributed then, she said.
The goal of the CCUF is to raise funds to enable member agencies to render human care services needed in the greater Covington County area.
“The United Fund annual fundraiser touches so many people in our community,” McClung said. “The best thing about this fundraiser that makes it different from many others is that every penny raised stays in Covington County.
“We need the local support from every business and individual in Covington County to make this a successful campaign, so please give your fair share and spread the news,” she said.
Donors are asked to consider giving the equivalent of one hour of pay per month. One can designate all or part of the gift to benefit any of the following agencies set to receiving funding:
• Covington County Chapter of the American Red Cross;
• Boy Scouts;
• Andalusia Ministerial Association;
• Lucille Pierce Family Literacy Center;
• Covington County Imagination Library;
• Covington County Adult Training Facility;
• Covington County 4-H clubs;
• Andalusia Community Christmas;
• area youth sports recreation boards in Andalusia, Opp and Covington County;
• SAFE of Covington County, the sex and family education division of Sav-A-Life;
• public libraries in Andalusia, Opp and Florala;
• Crossover Ministries;
• Governor’s Committee on Employment of Persons with Disabilities;
• Sav-A-Life Pregnancy Resource Center;
• Opp Benevolence Fund; and,
• Opp Meals on Wheels.
Donations may be made to Covington County United Fund Inc., P.O. Box 1791,
Andalusia, AL 36420.
For more information, call 334-222-2907 or email CovingtonCountyUnitedFund@gmail.com.