Published 2:07 am Saturday, October 9, 2010
Lesson learned at age 90:
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you’re sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Save for retirement, staring with your first paycheck.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
Barbara Sue Dennis,