Common Sense Tea Partiers endorse candidates
Published 12:00 am Saturday, October 16, 2010
The Common Sense Tea Party Patriots Thursday met and endorsed candidates standing for election on Nov. 2.
Acting chairperson Ron Hei said that any position which failed to gain a majority for a candidate, or which the membership determined that they would refrain from endorsing any candidate, resulted in an abstention of endorsement for that position.
Locally, they endorsed:
• For Circuit Court Judge, Place #2: Ashley McKathan (unopposed)
• District Attorney, 22nd Judicial District: Walt Merrell
• District Court Judge – Covington County: Frank McGuire (unopposed)
• Covington County Sheriff – Dennis Meeks (unopposed)
• Covington County Coroner – Wilson Rowell
• County Board of Education, Place #3: Abstain
• County Board of Education, Place #4: Jeff Bailey (unopposed)
• Local Amendment #1: NO
-Special to the Star-News