ACS approves budget amendment
Published 12:00 am Friday, January 14, 2011
The Andalusia City Board of Education voted to amend its 2010-2011 budget Thursday night.
Chief Financial Officer Jean Sellers said that this was necessary because there were certain funding the system was unsure of when it approved its original budget.
“One thing is we had some carryover funds from our federal programs from last year,” she said.
The following items have been made to the budget.
• A $327,539 Federal programs carry over, which is coming from various programs.
• $13,156 in unexpended state funds from the last fiscal year.
• $45,536 in Title VI rural and low income funds.
• $2.5 million in Series 2010 Qualified School Construction Bond funds
• $20, 000 in Medicaid administration and fee for service funds.
• $12,000 in additional contributions.
• A $1,652 carry over from a University of Alabama Learn and Serve Grant.
Sellers said that all expenditures have been adjusted according to the related grants and allocations.