ACS hires 7 employees
Published 12:00 am Friday, July 1, 2011
The Andalusia City School board hired seven employees and had one placement from a leave of absence at Wednesday night’s school board meeting.
The school board approved employment for:
• Latoya Sheridan, route bus driver;
• Anna Johnson, fifth grade teacher at AES;
• Katie Howell, physical education paraprofessional at AES;
• Retha Daniels, cafeteria worker at AES;
• Alana Ball, cafeteria worker at AHS;
• Mary Frances Kelley, math teacher at AHS; and
• Brad Garner, science teacher at AHS
The board also placed Debbie Page as route bus driver. Page was on a leave of absence last school year.
Superintendent Ted Watson said that leaves three positions for the board to fill – the home economics position at AHS; and a teacher at both the elementary school and the middle school.
Board member Joe Nix questioned whether the schools had received any applications from minorities.
Both AHS principal Dr. Daniel Shakespeare and AES principal Patty Taylor said they were interviewing minority applicants.
Additionally, the board approved the system-wide health handbook and the AHS student handbook.