County school employees set to retire
Published 12:00 am Thursday, October 6, 2011
At Tuesday’s Covington County Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Terry Holley announced five retirement resignations as a result of the new changes to the state insurance program.
Holley said insurance premiums are scheduled to increase at the first of the year for those at retirement age.
He said he expects more retirements to be announced in the coming weeks because of the change.
Those submitting resignations were:
• Samuel Thomas Stinson as bus driver at Fleeta Junior High School.
• Greg Gibson as a custodian at Red Level High School
• Curtis Feagin as lunchroom worker a Straughn Middle School.
• Nancy Sue Thomasson as a special education aide at Straughn Middle School.
• Patricia C. Graham as a bus driver at Straughn High School.