Rattlesnake Rodeo advance tickets on sale
Published 12:02 am Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Advance tickets for the 52nd annual Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo are now officially available for purchase online.
A two-day pass is $30 and includes all concerts for the March 30 and March 31 event.
Travis Tritt will be featured Friday night, along with local entertainment, and Gretchen Wilson will perform Saturday night, with local entertainment.
“I’m extremely excited about our talent,” Opp Mayor H.D. Edgar said. “With Travis Tritt and Gretchen Wilson, I don’t think we could have searched far and wide and found any better talent for our rodeo. Everything is falling into place nicely for the rodeo.
“We have all of our volunteers lined up, and it’s going to be a busy weekend in Opp,” he said. “Right now, we are just sitting back and waiting on the rodeo to get here. We hope everyone will come out and take part in the weekend’s events, and we are delighted that our tickets are on sale.”
A one-day pass is $20 for Friday, and Saturday the pass is $10 before 3 p.m. and $20 after 3 p.m.
On Fri., March 30, the (tentative) schedule is as follows:
• Gates open at 3 p.m. and;
• Local entertainment at 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
• Snake show at 4:30 p.m.
• Opening ceremony at 6 p.m., followed by local entertainment;
• Travis Tritt will take the stage at 8 p.m.
On Sat., March 31, gates open at 8 a.m., and the schedule is as follows:
• 5K run/walk at 9 a.m., beginning at Opp High School;
• Local entertainment at 9:30 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
• Snake Race and show at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
• Snake Race championship and snake show at 2:45 p.m.
• Greasy pole climb at 3:30 p.m.
• Buck dancing contest at 4 p.m.
• Gretchen Wilson at 8 p.m.
To purchase tickets visit rattlesnakerodeo.com. Tickets may also be purchased at Opp City Hall or the day of the rodeo.