Severe weather forecast today

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The threat of severe weather is expected to return today, according to the National Weather Service.

According to a hazardous weather bulletin issued by NWS, the possibility of strong thunderstorms will continue today ahead of the next approaching upper level storm system.

There is a 40 percent chance today, which will increase to 60 percent by night.

Yesterday, multiple tornadoes were reported in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

All traffic to and from the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport was grounded for several hours.

Severe thunderstorms are forecast to roar across the lower Mississippi Valley and Tennessee Valley Wednesday. The states at greatest risk for severe storms, according to the Storm Prediction Center, include Alabama. Large hail and strong winds are the greatest threat, but tornadoes are possible.