Star-News sponsoring marketing luncheon
Published 2:03 am Saturday, October 27, 2012
Mike Blinder, owner of The Blinder Group and author of “Survival Selling,” will be the guest speaker at a luncheon hosted by The Andalusia Star-News on Nov. 6.
Blinder’s company has put more than 50,000 businesses online through their media partners. His content is easy to understand and includes:
• How the Internet works in easy-to-understand terms.
• Who is online locally and if they are your customers.
• How search engines like Google and Yahoo work.
• Facebook (Social Networking) and using it to find new customers
• How to be found when people search online for your product or service.
• How to improve your own website’s performance with three easy-to-implement ideas.
• How do you track what people are saying about you online?
“We are pleased to offer this opportunity to the local business community,” Star-News publisher Michele Gerlach said. “Digital marketing is a concept that overwhelms many of us. Mike Blinder is an expert.”
The event is set for 11:30 a.m. in the new Andalusia Area Chamber of Commerce office on River Falls Street.
“We ask that anyone interested in attending pre-register, so we’ll know how many lunches to prepare,” Gerlach said.
In addition to lunch, The Star-News is providing copies of Blinder’s book to those who attend who are interested.
Business owners may register online at www.LocalMediaWorkshops.com, or by emailing Lisa Pickron at email@example.com, or by calling the office at 222-2402.