Principal, CFO named
Published 11:59 pm Wednesday, June 19, 2013
While one new principal and several assistant principals were named Wednesday by the Covington County School Board, vacancies at others remain.
Board members approved 15 personnel changes – including the employment of the current superintendent, Terry Holley, as a consultant from July 1 to Aug. 31. Holley, who will be retiring, will remain on staff to assist in the transition of the new superintendent, Shannon Driver, the former Straughn High School principal. Earlier this month, the board named John Allen Evers as Driver’s replacement.
Yesterday, Brent Zessin was named the new Florala High School. Zessin has served as W.S. Harlan Elementary School principal since 2005.
The system also has a new chief financial officer. Ressie Gray, a longtime central office employee, was named to the post after the board approved the resignation of Lori Senn, retroactive to June 5.
The board approved other personnel changes including:
• employing Kimberly Couch as certified alternative school teacher at the central office;
• the transfer of Emily N. Norris from special ed teacher at Pleasant Home School to Fleeta Jr. High;
• employing Julia Sexton as family and consumer science teacher at FHS;
• employing Susie Nicole Guilford as assistant principal at PHS;
• accepting the resignation of Lisa Rolling as math teacher at PHS;
• employing Clifton Pace as assistant principal/teacher at Red Level High School for one year.
• employing Robin Lawhon as school counselor at RLHS;
• employing Elizabeth A. Grantham as secretary at Straughn Elementary;
• employing Seth R. Richards as assistant principal at SES and Straughn Middle School.
• the transfer of Kathy Robbins as teacher at Fleeta to sixth grade teacher at SMS; and,
• employing Billy R. Wilson Jr. as assistant principal at SHS.