Repairs, hiring on agenda
Published 4:07 pm Tuesday, November 19, 2013
The Andalusia Board of Education took several actions Monday, including:
• Authorizing repairs to the roof of Andalusia High School and exterior doors at AES.
• Rescinding the October hiring of Amy Norris in the AES cafeteria. Norris declined the job offer.
• Hiring Savannah Hutto in the AES cafeteria.
• Hiring David Hiers as AES building service worker, substitute bus driver and classroom substitute.
• Transferring Matt Mellown from special ed paraprofessional at AES to AHS; and Jane Ricks in a similar role from AHS to AES.
• Accepting the June 2014 retirement resignation of CFO Jean Sellers.
• Hired Brad Garner as a part-time assistant football coach with funding from the Quarterback Club. Watson said Garner had acted in the role during the season, but the funding only recently became available.