Rattlesnake Rodeo guidelines given
Published 12:43 am Saturday, April 5, 2014
By MIKE MCDONALD
The Opp Rattlesnake Rodeo will be held Saturday and Sunday, 12 and 13 April 2014. We anticipate a large crowd with many people from out of town attending. The members of the Opp Police Department hope that will be a festive event for all.
Your police department offers the following guidance to both our local citizens as well as visitors for your information and use during the rodeo.
• No alcoholic beverages may be taken onto or consumed in the stadium parking lot areas or the stadium;
• No firearms may be taken into the stadium;
• All vehicles should be parked in a manner that will ensure that they do not block private driveways or impede the normal flow of traffic on city streets.
• When parking your vehicle at the stadium parking areas please park in a manner that will not block another vehicle from leaving.
• Parents are asked to appropriately monitor their children at all times.
When parking your vehicle in the stadium area:
• All vehicle doors should be locked when the vehicle is unattended;
• Please ensure that the vehicle keys are removed from the vehicle prior to locking the vehicle doors;
• Any items of value should not be left in the passenger compartment of the vehicle. If an item must be left in the vehicle, secure the item in the trunk compartment of the vehicle.
Michael E. McDonald is chief of the Opp Police Department.