Quick response saves home

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A homeowner’s quick response is credited with saving a Hogfoot Road home in the Carolina community in the early morning hours Monday.

Carolina Volunteer Fire Department Chief David Fite said Monday the home suffered heavy smoke damage in all rooms, and the back bedroom had the most extensive damage to the end wall near a wall plug, and in the ceiling area and the bedding.

“The homeowner was extinguishing the fire when we arrived,” he said. “Then there was a quick knock down. The homeowner cutting off the main power and using a water hose saved most of the home.”

Fite said the blaze appeared to have started in one of the bedrooms from a wall plug.

Red Oak Volunteer Fire Department assisted.