Andy B-team loses by 4 to Enterprise

Published 12:00 am Friday, January 9, 2015

JaQuinton Stallworth goes up high for a jumper against Enterprise Thursday night.

JaQuinton Stallworth goes up high for a jumper against Enterprise Thursday night.

The Andalusia Bulldogs’ B-team lost a close one to the Enterprise Wildcats 38-34 Thursday night in Andalusia.


JaQuinton Stallworth and Rodney Drish got the Bulldogs out front 4-0 early in the first, but a 9-0 by the Wildcats over the final minutes put them up 9-4 at the end of one.


Jayden Brown opened up the second period with a jump shot to put the Bulldogs down 9-6. The Bulldogs’ defense held strong on the other end of the court, and Zack Woods went coast-to-coast, adding a layup to bring the Bulldogs within 1 point. Woods added a free throw with 35 seconds left in the half, but the Bulldogs trailed 14-11 at halftime.


Drish got the first points of the second half for the Bulldogs, and Brown was credited with the assist. With the Bulldogs down by six, Stallworth caught a pass from Woods in the middle of the lane and put up a jumper to cut the Wildcats’ lead to 20-16. Adam Peek got his first points of the night by driving the baseline, and sinking a layup under heavy pressure. Peek attempted the same thing a few seconds later, but was fouled in the process of shooting. Peek hit 1-of-2 and the Bulldogs trailed 26-19 late in the third period. Moments later, Peek displayed great court awareness as he hit Brown streaking down the middle of the lane. Brown finished it off with a layup to cut the Wildcats’ lead to 26-21.


The Bulldogs opened up the final stanza with four straight points from Woods to cut the lead to 28-25. The Wildcats then scored the next six points to take a 32-25 lead with just over three minutes left in the contest. The Bulldogs were in the middle of a two-minute scoring drought before Stallworth hit a long 2-pointer, but the Bulldogs trailed 32-27 with just under three minutes left. The Bulldogs went on another dry spell and were down 37-27 before Peek was fouled on a successful layup attempt. Peek converted the old-fashioned three-point play with one-minute left in the game. With 44 seconds left, and ball back Drish pump faked from the corner then, drove in strong for two points. The Bulldogs now trailed 38-32. The Bulldogs forced another turnover, and Peek added two more points after rebounding a missed Bulldog shot and putting it back up with 14 seconds left on the clock. The Wildcats were called for a travel with 8 seconds left, but the Bulldogs were unable to add any points.


Peek and Stallworth led the Bulldogs with 8 points each. Woods finished with 7 points, Drish added 6 points, and Brown rounded out the scoring with 5 points.


The Bulldogs will travel to Straughn tonight for the second area contest of the season.