ACS approves personnel changes
The Andalusia Board of Education took several personnel actions at its Monday night meeting.
The board accepted the following resignations:
• Kay Ingram, AES first grade teacher.
• Angie Cofield, AES kindergarten teacher, who is retiring.
• Debbie Grimes, AES fourth grade teacher, who is retiring.
• Shaniqua Evans, AES second grade teacher.
• Tyler Manning, AHS science teacher.
The board granted tenure to:
• Claire Walters, AES first grade teacher
• Kelli Bowlan, AHS special ed teacher
• Jana Clark, AHS family and consumer science teacher.
• Lisa Rolling, AHS math teacher.
• Olivia Ennis, AJHS guidance counselor.
The board approved the transfer of Gina Kahn, from AES special ed teacher to special ed paraprofessional.
The board hired:
• Sage Mallory, AHS, science teacher . The AHS graduate has won three teacher of the year awards in Destin.
• Melissa McInVale, AES, grade level pending. She is currently employed as a teacher in the Butler County School system.
• April Thrower, AES, grade level pending. She previously taught in Graceville, Fla.
• Jeanne Morgan, AES, grade level pending. She has more than 24 years’ experience in early childhood education.
• Magen Foley, AES, grade level pending. She is an Andalusia native and a recent graduate of the University of Alabama.
• Griffin Windham, AJHS, special ed paraprofessional
The board will meet in a special called meeting at 6 tonight, Tues., May 17.
to address additional personnel issues.