AHS band earns superior at Little Big Horn Saturday
Published 1:26 am Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Andalusia High School earned superior ratings at Little Big Horn on Saturday.
Majorettes won best in class AAAA with a score of 90.
AHS competed against Daphne High School who earned a 98.67 total, and won best in class.
Satsuma High School brought home best in class in Class AAA with a 97.33.
Elba High School won best in class in Class AA, with a 94.67 average.
Straughn High School competed and earned a II with an average of 81.33.
Sweet Water High School earned best in class in Class A.
Florala High School competed and earned a II with an average of 81.
Other local bands participating includes:
- Kinston High School, who earned an overall II with an average of 78.67. Kinston’s drum major earned the highest score in Class A.
- Brantley High School earned a superior rating with an 88.50 average;
- Georgiana High School earned a II with an 82.67 average;
- Luverne High School earned a superior rating with an 88 average;
- WS Neal earned a superior rating with a 94.67 average. They also took home top honors in the majorette category in Class AAA.