County sets calendar for ‘17-’18
Published 1:13 am Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Students in Covington County schools will have a school year that begins on Aug. 14 and ends before Memorial Day in 2017-18.
The board approved the new school calendar Tuesday, which Superintendent Shannon Driver said has already been embraced by school personnel, and provides at least one holiday each month.
In other action, the board:
- Hired John Wiggins as head football coach and athletic director at Straughn.
- Accepted the retirement resignation of Linda S. Varner as counselor at SHS, effective June 1.
- Accepted the retirement resignation of Rhonda Kay Driver as special education teacher at SHS, effective June 1.
- Accepted the retirement resignation of Shelia Hart as lunchroom worker at Fleeta, and Linda K. McCart as lunchroom worker at Pleasant Home, effective June 1.
- Accepted the retirement resignation of Vicki S. Clark as elementary teacher at Straughn Elementary at the end of the school year.
- Accepted the resignation of Chris Wilson as head football coach and social studies teacher at Straughn, effective March 10.
- Accepted the resignation of Caty Sheffield Wilson as elementary teacher at Straughn Elementary, effective March 24, 2017.
- Hired Eric D. Anderson as a lunchroom worker at Red Level High School.