County BOE makes final hires for 2017-2018 school year
Published 11:37 am Wednesday, August 2, 2017
The Covington County Board of Education made its final personnel changes before school begins on Aug. 14.
- employed Roger Dale Hammonds as general social science teacher with coaching duties at Pleasant Home School;
- employed Heather E. Griffin as elementary school teacher at Pleasant Home School;
- accepted the resignation of Heather L. Newman elementary school teacher at Red Level Elementary School retroactive to July 20;
- employed Melissa Reeves Alday as elementary school teacher at Red Level Elementary School;
- accepted the resignation of Elisa Dye Mount as special education teacher at Red Level High School retroactive to July 18;
- employed Kristan Steele Etheridge as special education teacher at Red Level High School;
- employed Mary A. Sasser, lunchroom worker at Straughn Middle School.
The board also:
- amended a produce bid accepted June 27;
- amended the child nutrition HACCP policy to reflect the most current code;
- adopted the handbooks as board policy for Red Level Elementary School and Red Level High School;
- Adopted a voluntary religious expression board policy;
- granted the superintendent permission to bid propane for WS Harlan Elementary and the county bus shop.