County to pursue funding for Antioch Road resurfacing
The Covington County Commission agreed Tuesday to pursue funding to resurface County Road 49, Antioch Road.
The stretch of road that will be resurfaced is 4.2 miles long.
They also agreed to purchase two trailers for the maintenance department. They will use these trailers to hold equipment and materials used by the crane purchased last year.
In other business the commission:
- Considered, but took no action on joining class action litigation against pharmaceuticals for the opioid epidemic in Alabama.
- Considered a contract for software said to be beneficial for prisons in Covington County.
- Discussed replacing the bridge on Point A road.
- Discussed using a security grant to purchase security equipment for the courthouse and the administration building.
- Discussed building a safe room for the administration building.