2018 Cancer Freeze Schedule
Published 2:26 am Thursday, February 1, 2018
- 7 a.m.-Noon – Fishing Tournament $50 per boat (two people per boat) contact Richard Reeves at 850-652-3516 to enter.
- 7 a.m.-10 a.m. – Pancake & Sausage Breakfast $5 per person, kids 10 and under eat free with adult.
- 8 a.m.-3 p.m. – LifeSouth blood/platelet drive.
- 8:45 a.m. – ALL 5K participants meet at amphitheater for National Anthem. Meet back after race for awards.
- 9 a.m – 5K starts at airplane, the finish line is marked on Lake Shore Blvd. Register online at www.resgister.chronotrack.com/r/34316 includes t-shirt and wristband. $30 entry fee. The Kid’s Fun Run begins at finish line immediately following the 5K. ½ mile run – will return to finish line. Register day of event only.
- 9 a.m. – TINY B’S BAKE SALE manned by members of First United Methodist Church of Florala.
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. – Inflatables for the kids provided by Spacewalk of Andalusia (PARENTS MUST STAY WITH CHILDREN!) No fee but donations gladly accepted to benefit six Cancer Freeze recipients.
- 10 a.m. – TJ’S TIGER FLIGHT balloon release. $3 each or two for $5. Release every hour on the hour with church bells.
- 10 a.m. – Opening ceremonies at amphitheater (meet past and present recipients, 5K awards will follow)
- 10 a.m. – Car Show located on 4th Street, on block west of lake building. Contact email@example.com for more info. Awards at 1 p.m. The little Smoke House will be located at Dorothy’s house of Flowers selling barbeque.
- 10:30 a.m. – Shave Your Lid for a Kid. $10 per person (under age of 18 must have parent consent)
- 11 a.m. – Chili Cook-Off. Vote with your spare change. Trophy goes to pot with most money.
- Noon – Caleb will ski to kick off water events. $25 fee includes t-shirt and wristband. Sign-ups begin at 11:45 (under age of 18 needs a parental consent)
- 1 p.m. – Live Auction begins inside building. Raffle drawing will be also at this time.
Fish plates will be available for purchase provided by J & L Seafood Catering
The Ranch House will have food booth.
Model train display provided by P & S Railroad.
Southern Care Hospice will have ribbons for sale in honor of/in memory of your loved ones.
Meredith’s Miracles Characters.