Fort Dale DAR seeks relatives of WWI vets
Published 12:43 am Tuesday, May 8, 2018
The Fort Dale Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, would like to contact relatives of Butler County, Alabama, servicemen who were killed in action during World War I to invite them to a special event commemorating the centennial of the war on Thursday, July 26, at 11: a.m. at the Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce offices in historic downtown Greenville. Please contact the Fort Dale Chapter, DAR at 334-376-9213 or BCWWIMemorial@elmore.rr.com.
Men from Butler County killed in action in the Great War were:
- CPL William Alexander, Georgiana
- PVT Eugene T. Brooks, Georgiana
- CPL Amos Bush, Greenville
- PVT Claudie Caine, Georgiana
- PVT Comer C. Caine, Georgiana
- CPL William T. Cheatham, Greenville
- CPL Burkley H. Cook, Georgiana
- PVT George K. Ealum, McKenzie
- PVT Edgar W. Hall, Chapman
- CPL Rufus P. Hendrix, Greenville
- PVT Charles Hoomes, Chapman
- SGT Worth Lewis, Greenville
- PVT Burie G. McCormick, Pigeon Creek
- PVT Elbert L. “Lee” Milton, Oakey Streak
- PVT Bryant Price, McKenzie
- PVT Horace Rigsby, Georgiana PFC James L. Sampley, Spring Hill CPL Walter Wallace, Garland
- PVT Will Frank Williams, Greenville
The DAR is a non-profit, non-political volunteer women’s service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America’s future.
through better education for children.