Andalusia BOE does year-end personnel work
Published 1:17 am Tuesday, May 22, 2018
The Andalusia Board of Education made a number of personnel decisions Monday night.
State law requires the board to make any decisions to non-renew personnel, or to transfer personnel, before the last day of school.
The board accepted resignations from:
- Sonia Wallace, AHS special ed teacher, who is leaving for another job.
- Tammy Pickard, AJHS science teacher, who is retiring.
- Alane Brunson, AES principal, who is retiring.
- Allison Stroud, AES special ed teacher, who is leaving for another job.
- Jenny Watson, Central Office preschool teacher, who is retiring.
- Maklyn Hudson, AHS English teacher.
- Adam Helms, AHS physical ed teacher. Helms also was an assistant football coach.
The board non-renewed:
- Yvette Akridge, AJHS eighth grade math teacher
- Stephanie Davis, AES special ed paraprofessional
- Paula Wilson, AES special ed paraprofessional
- Anthony Clark, AHS teacher and basketball coach.
The board granted tenure to:
- Brad Goldman, AHS social studies teacher.
- Trent Taylor, AHS athletic director.
- Candace Williams, AHS math teacher.
- Amanda Hutton, AES fourth grade teacher.
- Bonnie Lee, AES kindergarten teacher.
- Alexa Padgett, AES pre-K enrichment teacher.
- Vanessa Snider, AES fourth grade teacher.
- Brittany Woodall, AES fifth grade teacher.
- Brenda Johnson, AES assistant principal.
- Gina Kuhn, AES special ed teacher.
- Ray Wilson, Central office, alternative school administrator.
The board transferred:
- Jody Adams from AES special ed techer to AHS special ed teacher.
- Tina Rogers from AHS special ed teacher to AES special ed teacher.
- Alexa Padgett from AES OSR lead teacher to ACS preschool teacher.
The board hired:
- Denise Pearce, AHS math teacher.
- Dina Thigpin, AHS English teacher.
- Auburn Carrier, AES OSR lead teacher.
The board also named AES cafeteria worker Jennifer Burgans the AES cafeteria manager.
The board granted a leave of absence to Amy Norris, AES special ed paraprofessional.