County BOE begins hiring for 2018-19
Published 1:08 am Wednesday, May 23, 2018
The Covington County Board of Education on Tuesday made a number of personnel decisions.
State law requires that any decisions to non-renew contracts or transfer employees be made before the last day of school.
The board hired:
- Matthew Thomas Canant as bus mechanic.
- Tammy Eaton as bookkeeper at Fleeta Junior High School.
- Carmen L. Powell as Pre-K auxiliary teacher at Fleeta Junior High School.
- Chelsea Powell Farley as secondary mathematics teacher at Pleasant Home School.
- Tammy Lynn Martin as bus driver at Red Level High School.
- Jennifer Diane Silcox as special ed teacher at Straughn Elementary School.
- Kevin Earl Dyer as custodian at Straughn Middle School.
- Edward D. Stewart as bus drvier at Straughn High School.
- Sonia Henderson Wallace as special education teacher at Straughn Middle School.
- Mary Dyal Ward as middle school science teacher at Fleeta Junior High School.
- Sharon Bulger as special education teacher at Florala High School.
The board accepted the resignations of:
- Sandie Dewayne McVay, Jr. as bus mechanic, effective May 4.
- April Thrower as special education teacher at Florala High School.
- Melody Gay Burleson as lunchroom manager at Florala High School.
- Eric D. Anderson as lunchroom worker at Red Level High School.
- Melissa Reeves Alday as elementary teacher at Red Level Elementary School.
- Cory Dakatoa Baker as band director at Florala High School.
The board transferred:
- Rhonda D. Parker from lunchroom worker at W.S. Harlan Elementary to lunchroom worker at Florala High School.
The board non-renewed the contracts of:
- Darlene Michelle Watson, elementary teacher at W.S. Harlan Elementary.
- Todd Alan Lancaster as general science teacher at Straughn High School.