County hires for new school year
Published 10:18 pm Thursday, June 14, 2018
The Covington County Board of Education met last night and made several hires for the 2018-2019 school year.
Those who made the list included:
• Jeff Ray Burleson, as custodian at Florala High School.
• Mary Kendall Williford, as bookkeeper at Florala High School.
• Paula Marie Stewart, as Lunchroom Manager at Florala High School.
• John Earl Stone, as science teacher at Florala High School. Stone was a teacher’s aid at W.S. Harlan before being hired at FHS.
• Deborah McVay, as lunchroom worker at Pleasant Home School.
• Donna Davis Nall, as nurse at Straughn Middle and High School.
• Todd Alan Lancaster, as general science teacher at Straughn High School.
There was only one resignation, Charles Michael Pridgen, the science teacher at Straughn High School.
Superintendent Shannon Driver said that the board still has a couple of hires still left, which will be decided at the next meeting on July 10, at noon.