Brantley head coach named AES assistant principal
The Andalusia Board of Education on Monday hired Brantley High School head football coach and athletic director Ashley Kilcrease as assistant principal at Andalusia Elementary School.
Kilcrease has been the head coach at Brantley since 2013, and is a 1993 graduate of the school. He teaches PE and history at Brantley, but also is certified in education administration.
Kilcrease will fill the assistant principal’s job previously held by Brenda Johnson, who was tapped to become principal upon the retirement of Alane Brunson.
The board also hired:
- Kennedy Thompson, special education paraprofessional at Andalusia High School.
- Vanessa Hernandez, special education teacher at Andalusia Elementary School.
- Sara Elizabeth Leverette, special education teacher at Andalusia Elementary.
The board transferred
- Emily Smith from Pre-K enrichment paraprofessional to special education paraprofessional at Andalusia Elementary;
- Sheena Patterson, from cafeteria manager to CNP worker at Andalusia Elementary
- Shanna Davis, from paraprofessional to teacher at AES.
The board also accepted the retirement resignation of Ray Phillips, maintenance worker,
The board also approved a $15,000 contract with Skip Enzor to manage the new video board at the Andalusia High School stadium, and to work with career tech teachers to train students in the operation of the board.