Straughn celebrating homecoming
Straughn High School is celebrating homecoming this week, with the homecoming game set for Friday, Sept. 21, and a number of activities planned.
Homecoming Dress days:
- Wednesday – Zoo Day: dress as your favorite zoo animal.
- Thursday – Favorite Book Character Day: dress as your favorite character from any school appropriate book.
- Friday – Black and Gold Day.
- Thursday – Pep rally and announcement of the 2019 Homecoming Queen at 7 p.m., at the SHS football stadium. Bonfire at 8 p.m., at the band practice field.
- Friday – Homecoming parade at 9 a.m., starting at the baseball field and moving toward the high school. Class competitions will be held in the gym following the parade.
School dismisses at noon.
- Crowning of Homecoming queen and her court at 6:15 p.m.
- Kick-off vs. Houston Academy at 7 p.m.
- Homecoming dance in the cafeteria from 10 p.m., to midnight.
Straughn students dressed as mathletes or athletes yesterday in the first of many spirit days planned by the SHS cheerleaders... read more