Red Level Tigers come up big in game 2 to force game 3

Published 12:00 am Saturday, April 20, 2019

The Red Level Tigers split games with St. Luke’s on Friday night in Red Level in the opening round of the Class 1A state playoffs.

ST. LUKE’S 14,


In the first game of the series, St. Luke’s picked up big hits as they came away with a 14-3 victory.

St. Luke’s got a couple of base runners in the opening frame, but Tucker Livings was able to keep them from scoring.

Kade Green singled with one out in the bottom of the first inning.

Chance Russell then ripped a two-out double to center field.

Green made an attempt to score, but St. Luke’s executed a perfect relay throw to get him out at the plate.

In the top of the second inning, St. Luke’s took advantage of a pair of two-out errors that allowed them to take a 4-0 lead.

Bryson Pate single to start the bottom of the second inning and moved to second on a single from Zavier Phillips.

Christian Spears then put the Tigers on the board with a base hit to right field.

In the bottom of the fourth inning, Cody Shepard drove in Spears to make the score 7-2.

Red Level’s final run of the game came in the bottom of the sixth inning when Shepard drove in Spears.



Red Level came up big and rallied for a 7-5 victory in game two to force game three.

Braxton Lee got things going with a single to start the top of the first inning for Red Level.

Green dropped down a sacrifice bunt to push Lee up to second base.

Livings followed with a ground out that allowed Lee to get to third.

Lee than came around to score off of a wild pitch to give Red Level a 1-0 lead.

St. Luke’s responded with a pair of runs scored off of an error to go up 2-1.

In the bottom of the second inning, St. Luke’s got a single to start the frame.

Green struck out the next two batters and then got a ground out to end the inning.

Red Level got a single from Shepard to start the top of the third inning.

Shepard moved to second when Livings reached on a two-out error, but the Tigers were unable to bring the around to score.

St. Luke’s went up 5-1 in the third inning.

Spears reached off of a one-out error in the top of the fourth inning and then move to second on a single from Phillips.

The Tigers were unable to bring them around to score.

Lee got the Tigers rolling with a walk to start the top of the fifth inning.

Lee stole second and then scored on a double from Green.

Livings followed with a double to score Green.

Livings then scored off of an error.

Phillips then reached on a dropped third strike that scored Russell to tie the game.

Ethan Edson put the Tigers on top with a single and then Phillips scored off of an error for the final run of the game.

Game three will be played today at 1 p.m., in Red Level.