Florala Bass Club to host tourney for Wildcats
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 11, 2019
The Florala Bass Club is hosting a tournament at Frank Jackson Lake in Opp this month to help benefit the Florala High School baseball team.
Entry fee is $100 per boat and $10 to enter the big fish contest.
Payout will be one place per seven boats.
The payout will be 60 percent of the pot and big fish payout will be 100 percent of the pot.
The Florala High School baseball team will receive 40 percent of the pot.
The tournament will be held on July 20 and it will begin at 6 a.m., or safelight and will last until 3 p.m.
Registration forms may be picked up at Sass and Grit in Florala. Hand deliver forms to Evan Robbins at Sass and Grit or Florala head baseball coach Tyler Zessin at Florala High School.
You may also register the morning of the tournament at the boat ramp.
Registration at the boat ramp begins at 4:15 a.m., until safelight.
– Boaters are responsible for launch fee.
– All boats must launch from Frank Jackson State Park at the scheduled time.
– All live wells will be checked by a tournament official before blast off.
– Blast off will be a shotgun start. Please be respectful of fellow fishermen.
– All boats must properly display tournament markers on trolling motors that will be provided.
– No live bait to be used.
– Life vests must be worn by participants anytime the gasoline engine is running.
– Participants will remain in the boat at all times, except in case of emergency.
– There will be a five fish limit per boat.
– Black bass (spotted bass and largemouth bass) will be the only species weighed.
– There is a 12” minimum length. Short fish will not be weighed.
– There will be a .25 pound penalty for weighing in a dead fish (this includes big fish).
– All boats must be back to at the boat ramp at 3 p.m. Late boats will not be weighed in.
– There will be no use of alcohol or drugs by participants of the tournament.
– Participants will observe all boating and fishing laws and state regulations.