12 have qualified for GOP primary
Published 10:52 pm Friday, November 1, 2019
Twelve people have qualified for the Republican primary in Covington County and one person for the Democratic primary.
Covington County Republican Chairman William Blocker said the following people have qualified:
• Chuck Patterson, revenue commissioner;
• Jimmy Prestwood, Covington County Board of Education, Place 5;
• Kyle Adams, Bill Godwin, Greg White, county commission chairman;
• Kent Colquett and Ken Northey, commission district 1;
• Joe Barton, Michael Barton and Michael Smith, commission district 2;
• Tony Holmes, commission district 3;
• Tommy McGaha, commission district 4
Covington County Democrats Chair Harriet Hubbard said they would announce in the coming week who had qualified for the Democratic primary.
Both parties’ qualifying periods end on Nov. 8, at 5 p.m.
Blocker said those interested might call him at 334-804-5706.