AHS auditorium now available for rent
Locals may now rent out the Andalusia High School Center for Performing Arts.
The Andalusia City School Board OK’d the policy at its Monday evening board meeting.
The newly renovated venue offers a house capacity of 950. Those who wish to use the facility must submit a completed and signed application packet to Lynn Capps at the Andalusia City Schools central office with a $350 deposit at least 30 days prior to the event.
An eight-hour rental is $350 with a four-hour minimum. There will be an additional $40 per hour fee after eight hours.
Rental fees include cleaning, but they do not include technical engineer/ lighting and sound, which is additional.
Among the rules for using the facility include:
• No alcoholic beverages, smoking policy or controlled substances;
• Animals are not allowed in the spaces for any reason other than use in a show, but requires preapproval.
• Events with children must have adult supervision at all times.
• No defacing of the facility;
DVD production is not allowed without prior written consent if for duplication or sales purposes.
Other important information:
• Users are expected to use discretion in regards to choice of language, content and subject matter
• In all groups, an adult at least 25 and older must be responsible for the use of the facility.
• Holes in the ball are prohibited, with a charge of $25 per hole.
• The number of tickets issued for an event may not exceed 950.
For a complete list of rules and regulations, contact Capps.
Andalusia City Schools Superintendent Ted Watson said the fees are in-line with the fees to utilize LBWCC’s Solon and Martha Dixon Performing Arts Center.
“We already have some people who want to rent it,” he said.
Capps may be reached at 334-222-3186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.