Scale Back Alabama starts Monday
Published 6:32 pm Thursday, January 16, 2020
Pledged to lose those pesky pounds in 2020?
Scale Back Alabama, the state’s largest weight loss and physical activity challenge, kicks off next week.
This year’s challenge begins with weigh-in week, Jan. 20-26.
It’s a free program and participants must be 18 years of age and live or work in Alabama.
At the end of the challenge, those who weigh-out during the week of April 6-12 and succeed in losing at least 10 pounds have a chance to win cash prizes.
Teams are two people.
It is easy to register a two-person team:
• Visit scalebackalabama.com/join
• (only one registration per team of two).
• If possible, print your registration confirmation page.
• Visit an official public weigh-in location during the week of January 20-26 (bring registration confirmation with you).
• Important: Search for public weigh-in sites at scalebackalabama.com/sites. Weigh-in sites are still being added, so check back if there is not currently a weigh-in site in your county.
Locally, there are weigh-in sites at:
• Andalusia Health. Marketing Director Merrill South said that locals may weigh-in next week during normal business hours on the first floor in Human Resources.
• Mizell Wellness Center, 8 a.m. until 7 p.m., all next week.
Number of local coordinators: 483
Total teams participating: 8,841
Number of individuals participating: 17,682
Number of teams on which each team member lost 10 pounds: 843
Number of individuals who lost at least 10 pounds: 3,252
Total pounds lost: 51,195