Absentee ballot deadline is today
Published 9:52 am Thursday, February 27, 2020
The absentee ballot deadline is today for the Primary Election on Tuesday, March 3.
Thursday, Feb. 27 is the deadline for absentee ballots.
Completed applications must be submitted or mailed to the Absentee Election Manager’s office or submitted in person.
Voters can also register for an absentee ballot by downloading a form online from the Alabama Secretary of State.
Any qualified voter can submit an absentee ballot application for the following reasons:
• The voter is out of the county or state on election day
• The voter has any physical illness or infirmity which prevents the voter from attending the polls or is unable to access their assigned polling place due to a neurological, musculoskeletal, respiratory (including speech organs), cardiovascular or other life-altering disorder that affects your ability to perform manual tasks, stand for any length of time, walk unassisted, see, hear or speak and you are an elderly voter aged 65 or older or you are a voter with a disability.
• The voter works a shift that has at least 10 hours, which coincide with the hours the polls are open at the voter’s regular polling place.
• The voter is a student enrolled in school outside the county of personal residence
• The voter is a member, a spouse or a dependent of a member of the United States Armed Forces, or is similarly qualified to vote absentee according to the Federal Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.
• The voter has been appointed an election officer or named a poll watcher at a polling place other than the voter’s regular polling district.