Covington Electric Cooperative implements pandemic response plan to help protect against COVID-19
Published 1:29 pm Thursday, March 26, 2020
Covington Electric Cooperative is closely monitoring events concerning COVID-19. CEC is following its pandemic response plan which includes educating employees about the pandemic and its potential impact on cooperative business operations and implementing reasonable measures to mitigate the impact of a pandemic on the cooperative, employees, members and the public.
Some of these measures include:
- Temporarily closing CEC lobbies to the public. CEC is still open for business taking payments and handling other business by phone (800-239-4121), online (via our website covington.coop and the CEC App) and through our drive thru windows in Sanford and Enterprise. Members can also use the kiosks in Sanford, Enterprise and Samson to make payments 24/7.
- Separating CEC line crews, staggering their work schedules and operating the offices on a rotating schedule for inside employees.
- CEC employees who feel sick are being instructed to stay home.
- CEC is directing employees to cancel any work-related flights, to reschedule any work trips and out of state vacations.
- Employees who work directly with members should avoid shaking hands or making any physical contact.
- CEC is providing additional disinfectant products to employees in the office and posting additional reminders for employees to wash their hands often.
- All employees are asked to take proper precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
“CEC’s pandemic response plan is being reassessed on a weekly basis,” said Ed Short, CEC president, CEO and general manager. “Additional measures, or changes to current procedures, will be adjusted as the situation evolves. CEC is committed to providing reliable electric service during this national state of emergency and we are working with our members to get through this uncertain time. The co-op is very mindful that we operate a critical infrastructure that provides essential electric service to our members. This is a responsibility that CEC takes very seriously and that is why we are taking these important measures to help ensure the reliable electric service CEC provides to its members is not compromised,” he added.
CEC will continue to update its members regarding changes in office procedures, events, etc., through its website and through its social media channels.