Drive-thru COVID-19 testing available in Andalusia, July 16
Published 2:59 pm Thursday, July 9, 2020
A drive-through COVID-19 testing clinic will be offered in Andalusia on Thu., July 16, from 8:30 a.m., until 10:30 a.m., at the Covington County Health Department, 23989 Alabama Highway 55, Andalusia, to patients who meet the testing criteria and while testing supplies last.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following; fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
These are the requirements for testing:
· Persons with symptoms
· Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
· Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction.
Appointments are not required, but persons tested must meet Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) testing criteria.
ADPH advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
· Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
· Avoid people who are sick
· Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
· Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
· Cover coughs and sneezes
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
· Monitor your health
For more information, please contact the Southeastern Public Health District at 334-792-9070 or visit alabamapublichealth.gov.