CCBOE closes summer with five personnel matters
Published 9:15 am Thursday, August 4, 2022
The Covington County Board of Education held its final meeting before the school year and made five personnel changes during a regularly scheduled board meeting Tuesday, August 2.
During the meeting the board approved:
- Sidney McKathan as bus driver at Pleasant Home School with effective date to be determined, pending verification of new or existing background reviews
- Madison Buckelew McCormick as paraprofessional at W.S. Harlan Elementary School effective at the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year, pending verification of new or existing background reviews
- Dewanna C. Henderson as bus driver at Straughn High School effective at the beginning of the 2022-2023 school year, pending verification of new or existing background reviews
- Sherry Elmore Baggett as bus driver at PHS effective August 31
- Cayla Register as bus driver at SHS effective August 1
In other business, the board accepted a propane bid from Thompson Gas, LLC at a firm bid of $1.89 per gallon. Thompson Gas was the sole bidder for the project.
Superintendent Shannon Driver said all personnel should now be in place for the school year at each school. Teachers will begin the school year Monday, August 8, before students return to classes a week later on August 15.
The board tentatively set the next meeting to be held Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 5:30 p.m. at the central office.