Andalusia Chamber seeks nominations for 2023 Board of Directors
Published 11:45 am Friday, September 2, 2022
The Andalusia Area Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for individuals to join its 2023 Board of Directors.
“The Board of Directors is the policy-making body of the Andalusia Area Chamber of Commerce. Its members represent a cross-section of the business and professional leadership of the Andalusia area. It has always been a high honor to serve on the Board of Directors of the Andalusia Area Chamber of Commerce,” said AACC Executive Director Laura Wells.
As part of the Chamber’s responsibilities, directors are expected to attend all regularly monthly board meetings, events, and programs and must meet several qualifications.
Those qualifications are as follows:
- Demonstrates a genuine and unselfish interest in the Chamber and its objectives
- Willingness to spend the time, effort, and financial commitment necessary to give proper attention to Chamber responsibilities
- Has business and work experience that enables the exercise of sound and mature judgment in considering problems of the Chamber as they relate to overall program of community development
- Has the courage and ability to have an objective opinion and ability to face community issues even though they may be controversial
- Has the ability to inspire others, to expect the respect of associations in responding to worth-while causes sponsored by the Chamber, and to motivate others to help on community problems
- Has the ability to work constructively and harmoniously with officers, directors, members, and staff in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Directors.
The nomination deadline is Thursday, Sept. 15. Members of the Board are approved by a vote of the Chamber membership. Nominations may be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Board member qualities are business-oriented individuals who are great team players with a positive community mindset. They must be devoted to all Chamber responsibilities and have the ability to inspire and motivate others,” Wells added.
For more information call the Andalusia Area Chamber of Commerce at 334-222-2030.